24 Mar 2017

AN UNFORGETTABLE MARATHON

                                Sports always refreshes us and brings some energy to us. There is nothing about winning or losing in a sport. It is just about participating and mental strength to prepare ourselves for the challenges to face. I am neither an athlete nor a sportsperson but still I like to participate in sports to know my individual competence and the team spirit I have in me. Here, I am going to share another real life Incident that happened last year. I don't remember the date, usually it is pretty hard to remember the good things than the bad incidents that happened. Anyhow, I would like to share that incident in the way that I remember.

                                The company that I worked organised the marathon event for a good cause and it is just between those worked in that company. There were four events organised based on the marathon. 2.5Km men, 5 km men, 2.5 Km Women and 5 Km women. I nominated myself for 2.5 Km event, As i did not have the confidence that I can run for 5 km. But, most of my friends suggested me that 5 km is challenging. So, I decided to take up that challenge. I asked the organizers to change my name to 5 Km. My target was just to complete the race,many of my friends wanted to win it. I just wanted to prove my capability of completing it.

                              One of my friend joined me and told that, he too just needs to complete it. So, we decided to run together and never give up at any cost. Around 100 people participated in the 5km event. But, we never bothered about those. There were a lot of ups and downs. He instructed me not to run fast which may result in tiredness and end me stopping the race. I blindly followed his instructions as I was not much aware about it. He also told me to release breath through nose and not through mouth. There were many a times, I decided to quit but he advised me not to do it. Whenever I slowed down he too did it.

                            He never wanted me to lose in the challenge i took. I had a nice partnership with him. I felt him as an energy booster, whenever I felt down he stood by me and lifted me with his motivation. He never said something special, just said some jokes which gave me energy. After a lot of struggle, I reached the finishing line. I felt really happy and thanked him. There are certain situations in which friends never let us down. This is one of the relishing incidents that happened in my life as many people might have got bored of my sad posts.

Related image
                              

1 comment:

GETTING HURTED BY PEOPLE WHOM WE LOVE

As a human being, we will definitely have some kind of feeling for fellow human being.  This cannot be stopped as this is against nature ...