11 Sept 2017

ENCOUNTERS WITH MONKEY

                               This is one of the interesting travel experiences that I had with the monkeys. Human Mind is like a monkey is the famous quote that has been said in olden days. We human evolved from monkeys and we worship monkey as the incarnation of lord Hanuman, who was a monkey by birth. Now, let me get out of the mythology and set upon the travel experience that I had. There is a famous place in Tamil Nadu, named as Sholingur Temple. Me and my parents went to that temple for praying to god. There were a lot of monkeys in and around the temple. There would be a bamboo stick to threaten monkeys. The monkeys present there has a habit of snatching the things present in the hands of people.

                               So, people take this stick and go. They wont harm the monkeys but to avoid them from taking their things. people used to make noise with that stick and threaten them. Some people who don't have anything valuable keeps them in the stores present downwards and then move on. There is a seperate path to reach the temple through roadways and another path is through the staircase. We decided to utilise the staircase. My mom was having a small bag in hand and The persons present down had warned. She had her handbag and then some fruits to offer for god. The fruits were oranges to be precise.

                              Initially, there were no monkeys to be seen, as we kept on moving, the number of monkeys count started to increase. She kept the bag hidden besides her clothes and started to walk. I had become thirst and asked water for drinking, my mom took the water bottle from the bag and gave it to me. The monkey found out the bag and snatched it from my mom. My dad began to get the bag from it, but it was too ferocious. The monkey was beaten up by someone and it was already bleeding and ferocious in pain. It responded violently. We were thinking that the bag will be lost, the important office things of my mom was present in the hand bag, which was hidden inside the bag.

                                My mom was praying to Lord Hanuman to return the bag to her. The miraculous thing happened. That monkey took the bag of oranges alone and threw the remaining things to my mom. My mom was happy and decided to bring the fruits and present them to monkey whenever she visits the temple that has monkeys present. I was not having the belief that Monkey is not the incarnation of Lord Hanuman, but after coming across such a real life encounter, I started to believe in him. Because, no one could have saved us from that situation, the monkey started to attack my dad and me at that moment. But, it was god who saved us by instructing monkey.

Image result for monkeys in sholingur temple


No comments:

Post a Comment

GETTING HURTED BY PEOPLE WHOM WE LOVE

As a human being, we will definitely have some kind of feeling for fellow human being.  This cannot be stopped as this is against nature ...